Senior Support Engineer
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and most challenging tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is expanding to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products, through advanced troubleshooting and helping our global team of engineers solve our more difficult problems.
More about you:
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with JVMs
- In-depth operating system knowledge (e.g. Windows and/or Linux)
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server or Postgres)
- Well rounded experience with 1 or more application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, IIS, NGINX etc.)
- Advanced Knowledge of basic network functions, standards, and protocols (e.g. proxies, SSL, load balancers, LDAP)
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Proven ability to deescalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares
- Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people and roles from junior engineers to senior executives
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
More about the role:
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Use professional written and verbal communications to customer base to resolve application issues
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
More about the team
The Support team is growing by leaps and bounds to keep up with the rapid pace of Atlassian customers, (this is a good problem to have). With this increase, stellar customer service and satisfaction remains our number one goal and supporting that in all ways possible. We continually work on projects and collaborate within our group to streamline processes and make it easier for users to have a great support experience with Atlassian. Our team works hard and pitches in when issues arise, but we never forget to have fun and celebrate our successes. Even when difficult problems arise (of course they always do in Support), we're pretty sure you’ll be excited about coming to Atlassian every day to do this job and to work on this team.
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top