Senior Support Engineer
The Senior Support Engineer (Cloud EMEA) isn’t just an ordinary Support Engineer role. Senior Support Engineers at Atlassian are responsible for improving our customer's experience with our products, through preventative projects that solve problems at the source, getting the best out of our Support Engineers through technical training and mentoring and troubleshooting and providing timely advice on global technical issues. This role requires working with counterparts or peer from different support centers. The candidate must be able to work EMEA business hours unless business demands work during other hours of the day.
In this role you will:
- Act as the primary point of contact for local escalation management for the expertise acquired within a product domain;
- Prioritize & drive escalations both within the Cloud Support team through Team Manager engagement and with internal groups such to ensure visibility, traction and ultimate closure;
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for Support Engineers;
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis;
- Communicate to our customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues;
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs;
- Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers self serve;
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8 years or more of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 4+ years or more experience of related working experience in a Technical Support Center function;
- Experience in working 24x7 support operations and with teams across multiple locations;
- Good communications and interpersonal skills;
- Coaching and mentoring new hires and Support Engineers;
- Administering training for new hires and conduct trainings using the skill gap analysis;
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence will be an added advantage;
The following competencies at the core of what you'll do:
- Customer Focus;
- Effective communication;
- Change, Adaptability and Flexibility;
- Team and Collaborative Working;
- Process re-engineering;
More about our team
The team is filled with customer focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products used by a growing list of customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product, as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top