Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, Professional Services and Contingent Workforce
We are looking for a Senior Sourcing Manager who is passionate about contingent workforce and professional services, can establish strategic relationships and sourcing strategies that increase the value between Atlassian and our service providers, and is interested in leading the definition and build out of a global contingent labor and consulting services program. Reporting to the Global Head of Procurement, this role will define the strategy and execute sourcing events against Atlassian's consulting services program, while also working with our partners in HR and Legal to define, build out, and grow our global contingent labor program. This is an individual contributor role with cross functional leadership opportunities to enable Atlassian’s procurement organization to scale to support the company's growing needs.
More about our team
Atlassian procurement is part of the global finance and strategy department, within the CFO organization. This role reports to the head of global procurement. You will be joining a hardworking and collaborative global team that is always growing, learning, and adapting. The team builds strong partnerships, working side by side with our business partners to deliver successful procurement outcomes that enable Atlassian to grow and scale.
In This Role, You'll Get To:
- Identify, obtain agreement, and lead transformational strategic sourcing initiatives, following a standard strategic sourcing methodology
- Play a leading role in the definition, rollout, and ongoing governance of a contingent labor program
- Evaluate professional services, consulting services, and contingent labor sourcing practices at Atlassian, identifying and executing upon opportunities for improvement
- Personally lead key initiatives, serving as the primary liaison between Legal, Finance, department business units, project managers and other key business partners in the end-to-end strategic sourcing process including category analysis, supplier selection, and contract negotiation
- Establish positive relationships across the business units to ensure active and early participation in supplier related matters
- Provide rigorous analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to identify, prioritize, and launch sourcing initiatives
- Identify process improvements to increase efficiencies and improve spend opportunities
- Contribute to implementation, planning, and change management of process improvement initiatives across Atlassian
- Actively mentor business partners on procurement best practices
- Lead the planning and launch of RFIs and RFPs
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of strategic sourcing experience, with broad knowledge and proven success sourcing professional, consulting, and outsourced services
- 5+ years of experience with a contingent labor program, including detailed knowledge and experience working with an MSP and VMS
- Demonstrated success in sourcing, negotiating, and delivery of complex contracts, running indirect spend for multiple projects simultaneously
- Extraordinary relationship building skills and global experience working with and influencing business leaders and supplier executives
- Expert negotiation skills in both financial and business matters, including commercial terms for strategic contracts
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations clearly in verbal, written and presentation formats
- A proven ability to work independently with strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Expertise across the full lifecycle of strategic sourcing and corporate procurement activities including sourcing strategies, RFP development & analysis, supplier selection, contract negotiations, contract preparation, and review and analysis
- A clear ability to inspire change, handle conflict, bring together disparate points of view, make decisions, and build consensus to deliver on objectives
- Strong knowledge of legal, professional services, and contingent labor related contract terms and conditions
- A Bachelors degree in supply chain, finance, legal, or a related business field
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement policies, processes, and tools.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience with an eProcurement solution, especially Coupa, is a big plus
- ISM or similar certification
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top