Senior Software Engineer, Opsgenie
Do you want to work with talented peers in a fun environment building a world class product? If you’re eager to develop software in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence — this is the place for you!
Opsgenie is a modern incident management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Opsgenie centralizes alerts, notifies the right people reliably, and enables them to collaborate and take rapid action.
We are looking for passionate Senior Software Engineer(s) to join our product development teams that build Opsgenie’s core product features like alerting flow, notifications management, user management and pricing & subscription management.
More about you
On your first day, we'd love for you to have:
- Solid foundation in software design, object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Expertise with software development in JVM-based languages (Java is preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Test Driven Development, Refactoring, Clean Code, Clean Architecture, and Design Patterns
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industries with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g. AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Real passion for learning from and mentoring your peers to evolve the engineering craft within your team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, testing and performance requirements
- Experience with building microservices designed for high availability and low latency
- Experience in Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Core, Security, Web, Cache, etc.)
- A passion for applying DevOps concepts (e.g. CI/CD) to improve the delivery process of software
- Familiarity with AWS Services (DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, EC2 and ElastiCache)
- Experience in ElasticSearch and Redis
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top