Senior Software Engineer, Graph Team
DevOps continues to win over the hearts and minds of software creators all over the world. Companies big and small are striving to bridge the gaps between planning, developing, deploying and operating their services, while sustainably delivering at ever-increasing scale and pace. Our mission is to support them along the entire DevOps lifecycle and help them to build a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement. This is a vast space of untapped potential, just some of the opportunities include:
- Provide metrics that clearly highlight the efficiency of your team, spanning various phases of the delivery pipeline.
- Provide actionable insights to your team, suggesting ways in which you could improve efficiency and guide you through it.
- We already have products that cover the entire DevOps lifecycle, but there are numerous ways in which we could better connect their data and surface information between them to give your team contextual knowledge where you need it the most. Our Platform will enable product teams to create such delightful integrations with ease.
- Enable cross-product automation scenarios that will speed up your team as well as improve accuracy of results.
You will be part of a growing team, working on greenfield services as well as evolving some of existing infrastructure to meet the demands of tomorrow. We have challenges on the front-end as well as back-end in order to deliver delightful experiences around integrations, metrics, actionable insights and more.
You will be expected to collaborate with engineers from partnering teams, product managers and designers, as well as, of course, your fellow teammates in order to design and build solutions our customers will love to use.
In true spirit of DevOps, you’ll be expected to embrace the challenges along the whole solution delivery journey. Build services that meet the high reliability and performance requirements of our many products. Invest in automation to maximise efficiency. Reflect on the health of the team and drive change.
We would like you to have:
- Experience designing and building a production-level web application or service.
- Passion for software engineering and getting stuff done using pragmatic approaches to iterate towards solutions for hard problems.
- Solid understanding of application performance, and designing low latency, high-speed web applications.
- Java and/or Kotlin. React.Js on the front-end.
- Working well in a team, comfortable with code reviews and you can also collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian.
- Excited by the opportunities that a Cloud Native world presents for our users, and keen to make a difference by embracing the best Cloud practices and tooling for engineers.
- Either already full-stack, or interested in learning modern frontend stack to compliment your backend experience.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices is preferred.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top