Senior Software Engineer, Backend
- Bangalore, India
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian creates software that empowers everyone from small start-ups to large enterprises. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned - collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We have multiple opportunities for developers to join our engineering teams in Bengaluru. You'll be part of a growing team, delivering value to our customers through creative improvements to Atlassian’s product. You'll work closely with design and product management, influencing the direction of the product and helping the team get there. You’ll collaborate with other developers, writing code that you are proud of and delivering amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of experience designing and building a production-level large scale web application.
- Design build and maintain APIs and backend microservices in Java or Kotlin or Python or other programming languages.
- You are comfortable conducting code reviews and giving feedback to ensure high standards of code maintainability and extensibility
- Address complex problems at both an application and system level
- Proven expertise in building high-available, resilient, scalable, low latency services in distributed architecture.
- Experience with building platforms and frameworks that are used by other developers.
- Experience building a service from the ground up is preferred – be product-focused, driving the design, development, and implementation in order to turn a user’s pain-points into simple and elegant solutions that are loved.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices is preferred.
If you've got some of these skills, even better:
- Hands-on experience building an Atlassian plugin of any size.
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience with Maven plugin development.
- Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top