Senior Security Analyst
Do you live and breathe information security? Want to battle bad guys every day? Need to work on important problems, your way? Atlassian has an opportunity for you!
We're expanding our security intelligence capability and looking for smart, technical, people to help us build and run new monitoring/analytics systems. As a Senior Security Intelligence Analyst you'll be watching over the our corporate environment and Atlassian cloud services, hunting for signs of compromise and implementing high-fidelity alerts. More than that, you'll be building new systems, developing automation and crushing security problems you care about. The team is small, so everyone's contribution is vital.
We would love for you to be a great developer, but more importantly, you must be bright, motivated and love security. You should be comfortable writing code to get things done and not depend on third party products to do your job. You must have a solid understanding of network, system and application security and should be considered great in at least one by your peers.
Your day to day will include:
- Run and manage security investigations.
- Perform investigations on a wide variety of events from various sources to determine whether they pose a threat to Atlassian
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security incidents
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout Atlassian
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Atlassian’s products and services
- Splunk all the things
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years experience working in security
- Relevant work experience in security and incident investigation
- Script Junky mastery in one of the following: Python, Pearl, Ruby, Bash
- Written code to complete security tasks
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Programming experience in Python, C/C++, Java, or Go
- Experience with malware analysis
- Experience with threat hunting and threat modeling
- Published contributions to the security community
- Data analytics experience
- Worked with large scale cloud infrastructures
More about our team
We want diverse skill sets and super smart people so we can all learn from each other and do do interesting things. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. You will be working along with the security engineering team - a crazy smart group dedicated to improving the security of our products and engineering practices. We work both independently and in collaboration with development teams as we assess and respond to security issues that might occur with new products and features.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and bubbly), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Swati ensures that every feature and functionality of Atlassian’s popular products are fully and fantastically integrated in ways that will create seamless and unique user experiences.
Back to top