Senior Product Marketing Manager, JIRA Service Desk
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our JIRA Service Desk team. You will market our JIRA Service Desk Cloud product to prospects in SMB and Midmarket/Enterprise segments. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this role will develop product messaging, lead product launches, and work with cross-functional teams to activate our brand and promote our product across multiple marketing channels.
You're a great fit for this role if you have enthusiasm and appreciation for genuinely improving how businesses service and help people. You love to craft a story in a simple, easy to follow way, and you can balance quantitative evidence and qualitative factors to quickly test and learn. You're a self-starter and organized teammate who thrives in a dynamic, results driven environment.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Develop product positioning that differentiates our product by understanding customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive landscape
- Actively find marketing opportunities to successfully reach, and win, prospects within existing Atlassian accounts, or net-new audience segments
- Design marketing plans for particular audience segments across owned, paid, and earned media channels - supported by a rationale for why, when, and how each channel should be used
- Craft messaging and content that fits the audience mindset/needs and maximizes the strengths of each channel or communication experience (e.g. website, in-product messaging, on-boarding, blog, emails, field, etc.)
- Understand customer needs and refine messaging through surveys, interviews, product usage and competitive analysis
- Partner with Product Management team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Plan and execute product/feature launches across cross-functional teams including Product Management, Marketplace, Marketing, Support etc.
- Work with Product Managers to establish a continuous feedback loop to influence the product development roadmap and mitigate product gaps
- Dream up engaging product demonstrations that are used on stage, in videos and are the basis for customer engagements in the buyer journey
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years of B2B product marketing experience, ideally in the SaaS space.
- Experience crafting, driving, and running go to market plans across all channels.
- A can-do attitude and hunger. You're eager to jump in and get things done but don't get flustered in a dynamic and often changing environment.
- Experience using data to drive decision-making
- Minimum BS/BA degree with experience in B2B cloud software marketing
- Relevant industry background and experience in IT service management, customer service and/or agile software development is a plus
The Product Marketing team is responsible for crafting and executing GTM strategy for all products across the Atlassian toolset. Serious collaboration will be the key to success for this role. We run our organization like a well-oiled agile team, where the top priority items are easily identifiable and everyone on the team rallies around those deliverables, and each other, on a regular basis. We are comprised of end-to-end marketing teams: field marketing, online marketing, interactive, product marketing, and data analysts.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, and now Trello. Motivated by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent company growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top