Senior Product Manager - Marketplace
As a Senior Product Manager at Atlassian, you will advance our mission to unleash the potential in every team. Join the Atlassian Marketplace Product Management team and influence the product experience for our users across not just one product, but all Atlassian products including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
You will inspire and energize teams across Atlassian to define the vision, evaluate product opportunities, analyze industry trends as well as customer and partner needs, and prioritize features and improvements. Your work will impact thousands of customers globally including some of the leaders in their industries, now and for the next decade, as you define the foundations for how teams connect, collaborate, and accomplish amazing things.
More about you
You love working hard to make products as amazing as possible for customers. You have prior success setting product vision and strategy and launching excellent products. You can lead the team through setting clear goals, making decisions, and communicating crisply to your team, to leaders across Atlassian, and to our customers and partners. You’ve got charisma in spades: you’re social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page.
We will be excited to talk to you if you have:
- A passion for developing the Product Management craft and delivering a delightful product experience
- Experience in building and scaling up 2-sided Marketplaces or Platform-type products with demonstrated impact
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally at a fast-growing consumer startup
- Hands-on experience with running product analytics using SQL and good familiarity with tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude
- Education in B.Tech./B.E.; MBA preferred
In the Senior Product Manager role, we'll expect that on your first day you will have:
- Significant experience defining and launching features that meet the needs of customers and business
- A proven record of working directly in a Triad, i.e. with Design and Engineering counterparts, to ship delightful products
- Ability to prioritise opportunities, balance the needs of users and business, and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- Ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior stakeholders
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics
- A track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organisation
More about the Atlassian Marketplace
The Atlassian Marketplace is one of the largest SaaS marketplaces in the world. Check it out here. Think of "Google Play or App Store for SaaS". It enables creating a deep strategic moat for Atlassian and is a fast-growing business. In the last financial year, more than $300mn of purchases were made by Atlassian customers via the Marketplace.
The Atlassian Marketplace empowers all its constituents it touches. On one end, it makes Atlassian products more useful for users by providing a rich repertoire of Apps which extend core functionality and enable niche use cases. On the other end, it enables the Atlassian Ecosystem (3rd party developers & software vendors) to build a thriving & sustainable business. In the process, it makes Atlassian products more powerful and be in a winning position across multiple user segments.
The Atlassian Marketplace has its R&D Triad (Product, Engineering and Design) fully based in Bengaluru. The team runs autonomously and independently owns its roadmap charter. This is not a back-office or offsite team; the team is fully empowered to own its decision making as well as expected to influence roadmaps across other products. You will be working with colleagues who have cut their teeth building well-known and fast-growing consumer startups in India.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top