We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us build the next generation of Jira Software Cloud. We've been working on making Jira Software more powerful and easier to use for modern Software teams and have just begun our journey
. You'll be joining a team that is helping shape how teams plan and track their work from idea to delivery. This is an opportunity to have a huge impact by releasing new features and capabilities to delight millions of customers.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and now - Trello, to name a few.). We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We're growing our global design organization and searching for passionate, talented designers to help us.
As a Senior Designer at Atlassian, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Make a substantial impact, at scale. Many successful organizations (like NASA, LinkedIn, and Twitter) rely on Atlassian products to do their work. As a Designer involved in everything from ground floor product strategy to UI implementation, your work will have incredible reach.
- Tackle interesting, complex problems. Working closely with your engineering and product management triad, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just design individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience of an exciting and critical area of our product suite.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work on a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Writers, Researchers, and QA Engineers to ship great work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company, making our products usable for all Teams.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to have:
- 5+ years of hands-on professional crafting user experiences for enterprise software/services
- Deep experience working across complex design systems that span multiple products
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Interest in being a self-starter with your eye constantly on solutions: you are someone who can easily step into the customer's shoes with enthusiasm to craft magical experiences
It'd be great, but it's not required if you have:
- An understanding of modern software development practices
- Experience with interactive data visualizations
More about our team
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. We're highly engaged and direct, helping each other to constantly improve our work and do the best work of our lives. We're dedicated to Agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience, no matter who or where it is.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.