Senior PostgreSQL Consultant
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a part advisor, part database wizard to join Atlassian's Platform and Infrastructure team. We are building a new relational database competency who will provide in depth advice to our engineering teams on performance, reliability and operational best practice. This is the chance to get in at the start of the journey, with options in both leadership and technical expertise.
As part of this team you will spend you time working with products like JIRA and Confluence to design table schemas, optimise queries and observe how they behave at scale in our production environment. You will also work with our infrastructure teams to ensure that we have the visibility into everything the DB is doing, providing advice on metrics, thresholds and configuration parameters. We have standardised on RDS PostgreSQL, and would like to build deep expertise in this area.
More about you:
On your first day you will be able to:
- Glance over our monitoring dashboards and identify hotspots and focus areas
- Look over the EXPLAIN output of a slow query and suggest improvements
- Review our deployment in AWS and explain the high level architecture
- Evaluate the schema from our applications and suggest improvements
- Write SQL or scripts to pull out performance data from the DB that we did not already have
- A record of contribution to PostgreSQL or other open source DBs
- 8+ years of experience working as a professional DBA
- Previous experience as a consultant or performance advisor
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket, and more. Inspired by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top