Senior or Principal Back End Engineer, Jira Cloud
As a Senior or Principal Software Engineer on the Jira Projects & Platform team, you will evolve the back end that drives Jira - Atlassian's flagship product that serves millions of our cloud users on a monthly basis. By collaborating with forward-thinking engineers in your organisation, you will craft the Jira platform for future success as we scale to serving 100 million monthly users.
Using your deep understanding of modern cloud architectures, you will build new opportunities for modernising Jira's back end, optimising for performance and delivering customer value through continuous development. You'll design, implement, and own features deployed across an array of microservices.
Your experience will help drive continuous improvement practises in a collaborative team environment. You'll get to translate your deep technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands the Jira Engineering vision, is on-board with it, and is moving towards achieving the product's ongoing goals.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expertise with software development in JVM-based languages (Java or Kotlin are preferred).
- Experience operating and debugging sophisticated, production cloud systems at scale.
- Experience writing performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code.
- Real passion for learning from and mentoring your peers, and evolving the engineering craft within your team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, with the ability to influence the engineering teams towards a united vision and goal.
The following are not required, but definite bonuses:
- Experience with building microservices designed for high availability and low latency.
- Familiarity with AWS platform (EC2, DynamoDB, RDS) and Spring Framework.
- Experience in architectural design techniques such as Domain Driven Design, API design.
- Experience in maintaining and decomposing large applications.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Desmond M.Software Engineer
Desmond manages and builds Trello’s Power-Up additions and integrations in order to make the platform easier and more intuitive for users.
Back to top