Senior NodeJS Developer
Atlassian is looking for experienced and talented developers to join our Product Fabric team in Sydney.
The Atlassian Product Fabric Team is responsible for the design, build and maintenance of the platform services and infrastructure that powers Atlassian Cloud. We build always-on, low-latency, high-concurrency micro-services and systems that scale for millions of users. This is a role with broad technical responsibilities across all our products with greenfield projects and technologies, not a product maintenance type of role.
You will play a key role in shaping the Atlassian Cloud Platform. Using your programming expertise and understanding of modern web architectures and distributed systems, you will help future-proof our established products by designing, implementing, integrating, tuning and issue resolution new micro-services, software libraries, tools and applications.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
· Expertise with software development Node.JS
· Deep understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code
· Creative and innovative analytical skills, with a willingness to take responsibility for the software you write all the way to production
· Working knowledge with datastores (e.g., RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics)
· Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems and methodologies like agile, unit testing and continuous integration
It's great, but not required, if you have:
· Great understanding of typical web application, SOA and micro-services patterns.
· Hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, etc.)
· Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building)
· Experience facing the challenges of building software as a service, including deploying and maintaining software at scale
· Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Desmond M.Software Engineer
Desmond manages and builds Trello’s Power-Up additions and integrations in order to make the platform easier and more intuitive for users.
Back to top