Senior Motion Designer (Contract)
Our full-service internal creative agency is looking to expand our video and animation capabilities to keep up with growing demand for quality video content and we hope you can join our team of talented people. We're looking for someone who can keep pace with the growing demand for quality video content across our global brand, and bring a well-rounded skillset to the table. The position is for 40 hours a week at our San Francisco office.
As a contract Motion Designer at Atlassian, you will bring the brand to life in bold and engaging ways. From idea conception to the finished project, you'll work alongside other motion graphics designers and bring a fresh perspective to video and animation. Using Adobe After Effects (equipped with modern plug-ins) and the rest of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, you will be responsible for crafting compelling motion designs.
Your ideal schedule would allow for a three-month block of time working on projects for Atlassian Summit, our annual conference, in April. You'll be working on engaging animations for every video aspects—from social media posts to full-stage, multi-screen animations that will be seen by thousands around the world. If we hit it off, you'll be able to work on exciting projects beyond Summit as well.
You'll be joining a crew of world-class designers, illustrators, writers, animators, and brand experts who are making waves not only in the tech industry, but in design communities as well.
Ideally, you already have these skills:
- Written and verbal skills to articulate timelines, bandwidth, production needs, and client expectations
- Engaging demo reel and portfolio (with annotation of your roles)
- Deep understanding of After Effects and fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and Premiere
- Strong sense of typography: familiarly with typesetting terminology and techniques across multiple applications (Illustrator, After Effects, and Sketch)
- Knowledgable of the 12 Principles of Animation and how they apply to modern animation
- Comfortable with After Effects Expressions beyond copy/paste
- Command of filmmaking concepts (narrative, pacing, editing)
- Knowledge of codecs, encoding, frame-rates, and web video standards
- Fire emoji chatroom banter
- Willingness to work openly and bring your true self to work
+1 for experience in:
- HTML5/Bodymovin' animation workflow
- Adobe Essential Graphics templates
- Frame-by-frame animation
- C4D (or 3D suite) animation, modeling, and shading
- Photography (lenses and lighting setups)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Back to top