Senior Marketing Data Scientist, Monetization
- San Francisco, CA
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Do you have a passion for examining complex data and turning it into useful information and insights? Do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the world's hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for Sr. Data Scientist to join our Marketing Analytics team. We’re seeking someone with strong business instincts and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter data decisions and ultimately, delight our customers. You'll be responsible for evolving our success reporting and optimizing marketing programs. You’ll do this by partnering with analytics and go-to-market specialists to understand the business, mapping marketing and sales touch points to company-level metrics, and developing insights and recommendations. Atlassian is a fast-paced, growth-oriented work environment and there are plentiful chances to create impact in this role.
In this role, you'll get to
- Develop a comprehensive view of company performance across marketing and sales in partnership with analytics and go-to-market leaders
- Design and implement reporting dashboards to track performance trends and provide measurable insights to executive leadership
- Partner with product and growth analytics to map marketing touch points throughout the buyer journey and formulate a perspective on the “next best” activity for various customer segments and outcomes
- Develop and automate reporting to analyze the performance of GTM campaigns against program metrics and customer segments
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 5+ years of experience applying analytics skills to drive projects which have had proven impact to strategic decisions.
- Strong ability to communicate. Explaining complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories
- An agile development approach, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing “having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Expertise in data manipulation and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Strength in one or more visualization tools (Tableau, R-Shiny, etc)
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Familiarity working with Product Management, Marketing, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience working on freemium models and/or customer upsell
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- Experience within B2B marketing, growth, or sales analytics working with a field sales team
The Marketing Analytics team blazes new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and doing things differently. We are able to distill highly sophisticated analytical terminology and concepts into easily consumable language, and we partner with marketing teams to transmit that knowledge effectively.
We've been described as creative, but detailed, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables adapting quickly while still ensuring quality results. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top