Senior Marketing Data Scientist, Cloud Migrations
- San Francisco, CA
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics excite you? Using your business instincts and creativity, you will partner with other analysts to help support 4 best-in-class teams with nuanced analysis, actionable insights, and strong recommendations.
We're growing quickly, so you'll need to help define, implement, and scale the systems and processes for sustainable growth across the marketing and analytics organizations. If you love finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong then this role could be a great fit!
In this role, you'll get to
- Analyze trends in customer behavior to champion our customers' journeys from our on-premises software to SAAS (Cloud hosted) software.
- Apply regression and time series analysis to forecast trends and help stakeholders manage performance for 130k+ customers.
- Provide analysis to scale cloud migrations efforts and work with stakeholders to build KPIs and reporting to measure success of your recommendations.
- Ensure a high standard for data collection, working collaboratively with product analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and business stakeholders to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with marketers, product teams, and senior leadership to bring data to the forefront of business decisions.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics or closely related fields
- 5+ years of experience partnering with stakeholders on ingraining analytics into their strategy
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- A strong intuition for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive recommendations that have a direct business impact
- The ability to balance multiple projects and priorities while maintaining the highest standard of work and attention to detail
- Experience collaborating with senior management and translating insights into decisions and actions
- Experience with at least one analytics & visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, Plotly, etc.
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience with customer journey mapping and user segmentation
- Experience with scripting and analysis languages (Python, R)
- Experience with providing analytics support for product and marketing teams, including web tracking and multi-channel campaigns
- Familiarity with statistics and probability
- Experience working in a global environment with remote teams
More about out team
The Marketing Analytics team blazes new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. We are able to distill highly complex analytical terminology and concepts into easily consumable language, and we interface directly with marketing teams to transmit that knowledge effectively.
We've been described as scrappy, but thorough, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables moving fast while still ensuring quality deliverables. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top