Senior Marketing Analyst
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing, billion-dollar company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics? Using your business instincts and technical creativity, you will build tools to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow marketing leaders to quickly and accurately see how our initiatives are performing. We’re growing quickly, so you'll need to define, implement, and scale the systems and processes for delivering data to colleagues across the marketing organization. You'll be a great fit for this role have a strong bias towards action and enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, have a natural curiosity to make sense of large datasets, and aren’t afraid of being wrong.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 2-7 years of experience in ad tech, product, consulting, or reporting and analytics fields
- Knowledge of core online marketing tactics, such as email, SEM, display, social, etc.
- Experience collaborating with senior management, translating data-driven insights into decisions and actions
- Comfort operating in ambiguous, fast-changing environments
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in at least one data analytics & visualization tool such as Tableau, GoodData, Mode, Chartio, etc.
- Ability to work comfortably with a command line interface
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience working in a global environment with remote teams
- Experience in using at least one programming language (Python, JS, Unix/Bash, HTML, etc.)
- Experience with statistical packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with relevant tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Tableau, segment, KISSmetrics)
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of HTTP such as URLs, referrers, querystring parameters, third party tracking, cookies, etc.
- Familiarity with the differences between HiveQL, PrestoQL, PostgreSQL
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, economics, mathematics, or computer science
More about our team
Atlassian is over a decade old, but our team is much younger. We'll have to blaze new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and trying to doing things differently. We're self-proclaimed unicorns that are able to distill complex analytical concepts into concise language, and we interface directly with marketing leaders and execs to transform that knowledge into action. We've been described as quick and scrappy, but thorough, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables moving fast while still ensuring high quality deliverables. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions right (or wrong). It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering the right data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and bubbly), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 40,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Atlassian. Powered by You.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top