Atlassian is seeking a Senior Manager of Strategy and Business Operations to partner with the Trello leadership team in driving sustainable long-term growth for the product. If you are looking to make a big impact, partner with extraordinary talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey. You are a good fit if you are a self starter, driven, adaptable, highly organized, analytical, and have a strong eye for detail. You are a great fit if you are a Trello user and understand the market (including potential competitors), strategy and business model.
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with product & business leaders across the company. Using your business insight, analytical skills and creativity, you will partner directly with the leadership team at Trello and take a leading role in driving product strategy, growth, and business operations. You’ll own projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the solutions you develop are creative and offer high-quality and actionable recommendations to business partners. You'll also quarterback aspects of the weekly and monthly business operations, increasing visibility and accountability around business metrics that drive growth. You will also be instrumental in framing long term strategy and growth goals for Trello, helping the team shape key initiatives to drive sustainable long term sources of revenue growth.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Drive the business cadence for Trello, including biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business updates to increase visibility and accountability around key metrics
- Identify opportunities by having your pulse on the business and drive change by working closely with cross-functional partners across analytics, finance, product, marketing, and sales
- Identify and size opportunities to inform product roadmap decisions
- Conduct yearly planning to set and refine the long-term product strategy and determine the appropriate OKRs and growth goals for the year
- Drive customer research to help inform product and go-to-market decisions
- Build high level financial models to develop insights and drive recommendations
- Transform findings into actionable recommendations, and work closely with cross functional teams to execute on the recommendations
On your first day we'll expect you to:
- Have 6+ years’ experience in business operations, strategy, consulting, product management, growth or investment banking; ideally have 2+ years' experience working at a start-up or a rapidly scaling technology company
- Be comfortable with data and ambiguity, and be able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on higher level strategy
- Be a self-starter and be able to drive work from idea, to analysis, to recommendation and, at times, to implementation
- Be able to articulately present and debate recommendations at the executive level
- Have an understanding of SaaS business models and of enterprise sales
- Have strong proficiency in Excel with experience using SQL
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with other statistical analysis tools (e.g. R, Stata, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in crafting and executing marketing and customer research via quantitative methods and experiments
- Experience with monetizing a software product with a massive free user base
More about the Strategy & Business Operations team
The Strategy & Business Operations team is part of the Finance & Strategy function. We are a talented and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving product strategy and growth through monetization, pricing/packaging, and other go-to-market initiatives, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support this growth. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We embed deeply within the product teams, and also work closely with business leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, and more to support the company’s continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.