Senior Manager, Compensation
- San Francisco, CA
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
This position can be remote in the US or AUS.
It’s an exciting time to join the Total Rewards team at Atlassian. We just announced our Team Anywhere vision and are looking for a talented, experienced, and fun compensation professional to help us evolve our compensation strategy, programs, policies, and processes for a truly remote workforce.
As the Senior Manager, Compensation, you will be responsible for mentoring a team of Compensation Specialists, identifying and driving process improvement initiatives to help us scale as efficiently as possible, leading a key initiative from our FY21 roadmap, and representing Total Rewards in M&A transactions.
This role will also be a member of the Compensation Leadership Team and have exposure to all of the work efforts within the team. While we have to divide and conquer to get work done, we are highly collaborative and value all opinions so you will always have a seat at the table as we deliver on the initiatives on our FY21 roadmap.
If that isn’t compelling enough, we are a globally distributed team yet manage to be close-knit. Our team meetings range from a focus on compensation-related topics to birthday recognition and competitive games. We work hard and play hard together.
- Lead and develop a small team of compensation professionals
- Own and overhaul the offer exceptions process to deliver a scalable process
- Build the reporting and analytics framework by developing tools to monitor, measure, and analyze compensation programs
- Lead a strategic initiative on our FY21 roadmap that has a company-wide and global impact
- Bring a process improvement lens to everything
- Serve as the Total Rewards M&A Lead or partner with the Total Rewards M&A Lead to deliver on a variety of transactions. The role will be based on the complexity and frequency of transactions
- Build positive relationships with key partners across the People Team, HRIS, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Ensure appropriate governance and adherence to Atlassian’s compensation philosophy, policies, and global labor law requirements
- Lead the development and dissemination of effective communication materials that improve the understanding of compensation programs
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years working in Compensation
- Public company experience. Experience at a scaling company is a plus
- Workday experience strongly preferred
- Exposure to compensation from an M&A perspective
- Proven track record of leading larger initiatives with company-wide impact.
- Experience in providing expertise, education, and mentorship to the HR community
- Experience leading global projects in compensation team
- Excellent analytical capabilities, solid financial and compensation modeling skills, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly sophisticated problems
- Work regularly and comfortably with high-level individual contributors and leaders across multiple functions. Experience influencing at the senior leadership level
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate and distill complex issues
- Ability to lead change effectively and always mindful of technology and business process implications
- Advanced Excel skill is a requirement
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top