Senior Full Stack Developer, Marketing Technology
Do you love designing and building scalable technical solutions to complex interconnected problems?
Do you think that effective, well-designed systems are a function of both people and technology?
The Marketing Technology team is looking for an experienced and thoughtful developer who will play a central role in standing up the platforms that will power the future of Atlassian's growth. We're an internal services team whose mission is to define and expand the technical capabilities of the broader marketing organization, and our operating model is to combine best-of-breed vendor platforms with custom integrations and internal services to support the constantly changing needs of the company.
In your first six months, you will:
- Work alongside a team of product managers, systems architects, business systems analysts, visual designers, and developers
- Engineer and deploy data integrations, APIs, and other services on AWS infrastructure
- Evaluate long-term vendor partners for technical and strategic fit and rapidly execute proofs of concept to validate claims and assumptions
- Become well-versed in Atlassian's marketing landscape and understand the needs of our marketing teams
- Drive compliance around GDPR and other data and marketing related privacy laws and standards
- Help establish and refine dev team processes
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have direct experience with MuleSoft's Anypoint Platform (Mule, AnypointStudio, CloudHub)
- Have built and deployed using Git, Maven, Bamboo/Jenkins, and Docker
- Know your way around AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDS, Kinesis, SQS, CloudFront) and management tools like Terraform
- Enjoy writing clear, maintainable, teammate-friendly code, tests, and documentation
- Are comfortable engaging with vendors and solution partners on a highly technical level
- Consider yourself a strong, open communicator with unflinching attention to detail
- Have a desire to work collaboratively on a geographically distributed team
- Find yourself at ease solving difficult problems with little direct guidance
You may not be deeply familiar with marketing technology, but you're motivated to learn. You're naturally curious about things you don't understand, and you're driven by the satisfaction you get from leaving things better than when you found them. You enjoy sharing knowledge with teammates and asking for help when you need it, and – at the end of the day – you thrive on delivering quality work in an environment that encourages you to be your best.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top