Senior Front-end Engineer, Bitbucket
Are you an innovative and talented Front-end Developer?
Are you interested in working on a fast-paced team that ships code to millions of users several times a week?
Want to build the future of code collaboration at a company built by developers for developers?
Come join us at Atlassian and work on Bitbucket, our source code collaboration and hosting product. You will be working in a fast-paced SaaS environment where every line of code you write will be appreciated by a developer community of millions. You will be responsible for architecting, implementing and optimizing the code that powers Bitbucket's UI. The company and our products are scaling rapidly and this is one of the teams with the most to gain.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Dream up and develop new features for Bitbucket that will make millions of developers around the world more productive
- Keep Bitbucket's front-end lean and fast
- Ensure all features are a pleasure to use
- Keep us honest and teach us a thing or two about writing clean, maintainable front-end code
- Have the opportunity to interact with and visit other teams at Atlassian, located across San Francisco and Sydney
- We're exploring use of React and Redux, and we write all new code with ES6 features, so familiarity with some or all of these is helpful
- Efficient, well-structured use of HTML tags and CSS selectors/properties
- We also use LESS, so experience with a CSS pre-processor is helpful
- Motivated person who can deliver high-quality code in a timely manner, whether working alone or in a small team
- Comfort with and understanding of DVCS; we use Git and Mercurial for daily development and run a website built around those technologies
- Our backend is written largely in Python, and willingness to occasionally dive in on the backend to help fix small bugs or push features forward is always appreciated
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top