Senior Engineering Manager, Graph Team
DevOps continues to win over the hearts and minds of software creators all over the world. Companies big and small are striving to bridge the gaps between planning, developing, deploying and operating their services, while sustainably delivering at ever-increasing scale and pace. Our mission is to support them along the entire DevOps lifecycle and help them to build a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement. This is a vast space of untapped potential, just some of the opportunities include:
- Provide metrics that clearly highlight the efficiency of your team, spanning various phases of the delivery pipeline.
- Provide actionable insights to your team, suggesting ways in which you could improve efficiency and guide you through it.
- We already have products that cover the entire DevOps lifecycle, but there are numerous ways in which we could better connect their data and surface information between them to give your team contextual knowledge where you need it the most. Our Platform will enable product teams to create such delightful integrations with ease.
- Enable cross-product automation scenarios that will speed up your team as well as improve accuracy of results.
We have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager to lead and develop a team of high performing developers for our DevOps Platform team in Bengaluru. You will be part of a growing team, working on greenfield services as well as evolving some of existing infrastructure to meet the demands of tomorrow. You will work closely with our design and product management teams, as well as partnering product and platform teams, to influence the direction of our platform and plan the steps to get there.
You will be responsible for building effective teams, empowering them to achieve their goals, and putting those goals into a broader context. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you, mentoring, coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenge them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
We would like you to have:
- 10+ years of product design/development experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a high performing development team
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Employee performance & growth management
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working well within a multi-functional team, and a willingness to mentor developers via tech design reviews, code reviews, etc and can also collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Passion for building highly available and large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Microservices
- Continuous delivery and deployment
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top