Senior Development Team Lead, Front-end
Bitbucket is a Git and Mercurial hosting service with millions of users relying on us every day to publish, build and review code. The Bitbucket team in San Francisco is looking for a new Team Lead to help us advance the product and move our technology stack forward using technologies such as React and Redux while working with the rest of Atlassian on the shared mission of unleashing the potential of every team.
Do you want to build the future of code collaboration at a company built by developers for developers? Come join us and your fellow Bitbucket lead developers working on Bitbucket.org. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers architecting, implementing and optimizing the code that powers Bitbucket's UI. The company and our products are scaling rapidly and this is one of the teams with the most to gain.
- We're embracing a modern React and Redux UI stack with a proven Python back-end
- We deploy daily so you can quickly see the results of your efforts and get user feedback
- Bitbucket is a rare product where the target user is a developer just like you
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Help your team do the best work of their lives
- Design and develop new software applications, features, and frameworks for Bitbucket
- Build and improve our front-end infrastructure
- Discover and troubleshoot issues with the existing architecture and code
- Work with designers and product managers for product and application innovation
- Polish and improve our existing UX/UI
You’ll be instrumental in growing and managing teams that thrive in a world where services development and delivery is moving faster than ever.
To be successful in this role; you’ll bring:
- Solid experience of developing, owning & operating mission critical cloud services
- Experience leading software developers using current tools and following current practices
- At least 6 years experience in a software development role, including 2+ years managing a team
- Experience practicing contemporary software development methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, XP, etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with experience of developing & instilling a culture of broad product ownership
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and bubbly), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat and we're just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we are out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Swati ensures that every feature and functionality of Atlassian’s popular products are fully and fantastically integrated in ways that will create seamless and unique user experiences.
Back to top