Senior Developers - Jira Software Cloud
Team: Jira Software Cloud
Jira Software is the most popular and most powerful development tool for software teams in the world.
We are undergoing one of the largest usability changes perhaps Jira has ever seen. Our mission is to make Jira Software as easy to get started with as Trello, as fast as facebook, and as easy to customise as your iPhone. We are powered by the Jira Platform, and are laser focussed on shipping the best possible user experience and productivity wins for Software Teams of today and the future.
Our team is working on solving some hard user experience problems, on a product servicing hundreds of thousands of daily active users.
We are of course using Jira Software to build Jira Software, and our stack also comprises a new native React/Redux front-end stack, a java and kotlin cloud native stack running on Amazon AWS, and a new microservice architecture which will set us up for the next 5 years of rapid product development.
- (ideal but not necessary) experience building a service from the ground up – from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy and ownership
- a passion for software engineering and getting stuff done using pragmatic approaches to iterate towards solutions for hard problems
- a solid understanding of application performance, and designing low latency, high-speed http applications
- experience in technically leading larger new features, services or changes in the product
- Java or Kotlin or React.js
- working well in a team, and willingness to mentor more junior devs via tech design reviews, code reviews, etc AND can also collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- excited by the opportunities that a Cloud Only world presents for our users, and keen to make a difference by adopting best Cloud practices and tooling for engineers
- either already full-stack, or interested in learning modern frontend stack to compliment your backend
- (ideal but not necessary) experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices
Please apply via lever or reach out to Elaine Murray in the recruitment team if you're interested in applying.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top