Senior Developer, Java & Scala
Be a part of an energetic and fast moving team that delivers incredible, innovative improvements to our products. Our Software Engineers write and test code that binds the front and back ends of our products together and makes the customer experience and product usability as good as it gets (and it gets pretty darn exciting). You'll be responsible for whole vertical slices of functionality—from front end UI to back end product functionality. This role will be constantly working on and delivering new features and functionality through software improvements in small, high performing teams and continually optimise the performance of Atlassian's products. You’ll collaborate often with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
Some Engineer roles at Atlassian require international travel 1-4 times per year. Your recruiter will discuss whether this is a requirement for you during your initial conversation with us.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience with the following technologies Java and related frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate, SQL and relational databases), web applications, jQuery, and agile development
- Deep understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code
- Keen interest in Open Source technology and a real passion for learning new technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Scala and Scala web applications Heroku, Amazon AWS, REST, PostgreSQL/Cassandra/Redis or memcache
- Excitement to share knowledge and work collaboratively with teammates around the world to improve our customers' experience
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Knowledge of Play 2, Finagle, or spray.io
More about our team
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a very committed team that is smart and very supportive. We ask motivated to ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean' (which means we don’t do documentation for documentation's sake). We know the importance of validating our assumptions about users and implement various types of testing to see whether we're right (or wrong). Our bottom line is improving our user’s experience- no matter what.
Atlassian. Powered by you.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top