Senior Developer, Community
Atlassian is looking for a motivated, thoughtful web developer to join the Community team, part of the Marketing Technology group, on our mission to build a dynamic social platform for our massive customer base. Launched in April 2017, the Atlassian Community (community.atlassian.com) serves as the central hub for support, discussion, and idea exchange for millions of Atlassian end users, solution partners, Marketplace vendors, user group leaders, and others -- and we're just getting started.
As a member of our growing team, you will:
- Work closely with our product manager, community manager, designers, and developers to scope, build, and ship new features on community.atlassian.com
- Become a technical authority in our base platform (Lithium) and extend its functionality with new front-end code and service integrations written on AWS infrastructure
- Expand the capacity and efficiency of our community manager and community support engineers by building and deploying custom internal tools
- Run experiments, improve behavioral and operational data instrumentation and help enable decisions based on trusted metrics
- Familiarize yourself with the diverse range of Community use cases and develop a deep understanding of our user base
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a web developer or front-end engineer
- You write elegant, responsive, cross-browser compliant HTML & Sass
- You've contributed to and managed shared codebases using Git
- You're familiar with jQuery, vanilla JS, Node.js, and tools like Grunt or Gulp
- You know your way around enterprise CMSs, online community platforms, or comparable systems
- You consider yourself a strong, open communicator with unflinching attention to detail
- You love participating in online communities yourself
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative, and, yes, fun. To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: unlimited vacation, flexible work hours and location, well-stocked kitchens and bars, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, quarterly 24-hour hackathon days, a company-paid trip after five years, and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassian are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top