Senior Developer (Clojure)
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a technical wizard to help Synchrony's development team. Synchrony is the engine behind Confluence's co-editing feature.
As a Senior Developer, you’ll be working with a team designing and implementing a data synchronisation service for tree data structures, using operational transformation (OT) on a large scale. All the hard problems of OT with nested tree data, n-squared complexity issue, support of key-value maps and many other challenges are solved in Synchrony.
We are supported by robust deployment systems, mature algorithmic solutions, and an experienced team with a strong desire to build the best synchronisation technology out there. Think Nasa launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. You'll need a strong technical prowess with incredible coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. You will thrive on the ability to work under pressure.
What we do
- Solve challenging problems with simple, elegant solutions
- Deep dive into operational transformation algorithms
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability and service system architecture
- Work on a leading technology to enable real-time collaboration across different types of applications
- 5+ years of functional programming experience (Clojure, Haskell, Scala, ...)
- Experience building scalable, high performance systems that are highly available
- Strong functional programming fundamentals
- Ability to rapidly self-train on new technologies
- Knowledge of web-based applications and architecture
- Passion for solving complex problems
- Clojure experience
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with eventual consistency systems
- Experience building on AWS
- Experience evaluating and adopting new technologies
- Good communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top