Senior Design Manager, Jira Software
We're looking for a Senior Design Manager to help us build the next generation of Jira Software Cloud. We've been working on making Jira Software easier to use for modern software teams, and have just begun our journey. In this role, you'll be managing a team that's crafting how teams around the world plan, track and release software.
Ideally, you are passionate about making people better; you provide support and mentorship to your team in constructive ways that encourage, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer the strategic design direction, and grow Design at Atlassian in Sydney, then this role could be for you!
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello, to name a few). We're making a meaningful investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all teams.
As a design leader for Jira Software, you will:
- Be a strategic partner of the Jira Software leadership team, working closely with the Heads of Engineering and Product to define the product strategy and roadmap.
- Lead a team towards an overall design vision that meets and enhances business goals across the company.
- Establish, and maintain, a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team. Proactively look for opportunities to improve workflows and user interfaces for the products you are working on.
- Share our product design strategy through storytelling with great communication and presentation skills.
- Be a tireless innovator. With a pulse on the constantly changing strategy and trends in product design, you will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within your product.
- Lead a talented and high-performing team of Designers. With a passion for developing others, you'll coach and encourage your team towards success and cohesion.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have 10+ years of professional UX design experience.
- Harness your significant experience (5+ years) leading and managing a team.
- Help grow those around you and challenge them to perform at their best.
- Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software.
- Demonstrate a record of shipping simple, beautiful software.
More about the team
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for delivering across the entirety of the design process, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. Ideally you are really strong in at least one design-focused skill, have an interest to improve in many other areas and are humble enough to always ask questions and learn more.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top