Senior Data Visualization Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Data Visualization Designer, who specializes in visual storytelling to join our growing Analytics and Data Science team. The ideal candidate has a technical and design background, with experience working in data journalism or visualization design consulting. We are looking for someone with a passion for data visualization and a keen sense of design, with a portfolio demonstrating design aesthetics and the ability to share business takeaways using data.
Our team’s work uses data to unlock business insights to enable Atlassian to build better products for our users, and improve how we operate as a company. Data visualization is key in communicating these insights. This role will bring design best practices to the work of the overall team, creating standards for internal front-end visualization (dashboards and tools) working cross functionally with technical partners, as well as participate in key projects with leaders.
In this role, you'll get to
- Establish design standards for the team’s output (dashboards, infographics, blogs) and data tools to make them more compelling and interactive, and increase business impact.
- Partner with multiple data science and machine learning specialists, as well with other technical counterparts including engineering, data engineering and IT.
- Work as a consultant on individual high priority projects to take analyzed data and transform into rich visual storytelling.
- Work independently and be empowered to provide the team and the company with quantitative visualization best-practices.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Art, Design, Data Journalism, Graphic Design, or other technical or visual-related fields.
- 7+ years working in data visual design with news agencies, academia or in a related industry.
- Technical data visualization experience utilizing D3 (and similar libraries) for interactive web graphics and dashboards.
- Familiarity with commercial data visualization tools including Tableau and Amplitude.
- Keen interest in and knowledge of B2B software business.
- SQL experience.
- Visual portfolio required.
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Track record of presenting at meet-ups and conferences
- MS or PhD degree in a relevant topic
- Experience with geo-visualization, cartography, and mapping tools.
More about our team
The Analytics & Data Science team at Atlassian is tasked to drive insights from user behavioral data. We aim to make a positive impact to the way millions of users use our products in their day-to-day work, which should unlock business value. We are a highly collaborative team with a high bar of rigorous analyses, and we love to have fun along the way.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top