Senior Data Scientist, Core Strategy
Are you a dedicated, driven analytical mind who can lead analytics and performance modeling on a company-wide, critical initiative? Do you get excited by the prospect of using your expertise to provide actionable business insights and have a significant impact on complex customer and user experiences? Do you love collaborating with different teams in order get the work done? If yes, then we'll be glad to have you in our team.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Scientist who will drive our mission to improve customer experiences. Your insights will guide the direction of Product, Marketing, and Leadership teams - with focus on our users, and Atlassian growth.
In this role, you'll get to
- In close partnership with our Strategy & Business Operations (SBO) team, you’ll identify the biggest opportunities for Atlassian Growth team to drive revenues, combining quantitative & qualitative insights and communicate your findings in a highly structured way to the rest of the business.
- You will assist in defining, and developing deep insights and root cause analysis
- Root analysis - deep dive into an issue and come up with thoughtful analyses that we can communicate to rest of company, including execs
- Problem framing and solving - envision, scope, structure, and execute upon strategic initiatives to drive business outcomes
- You will present compelling actionable insights, program results, and findings to global partners & executive management
- You will develop positive relationships with our Marketing, Product, Analytics and Customer teams to better understand customer journey, behavior, and our products.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- You have 4 - 5 years of proven experience, with a deep understanding of customer-focused data analytics and behavioral product analysis to support insight generation, reporting and roadmap decisions
- You have an advanced SQL background
- You have experience in modelling customer behavior using disparate datasets
- You are comfortable working with assumptions, and enjoy crafting research plans for how we grow our confidence.
- You will have an insatiable thirst for learning and building our knowledge of customers and users through analysis and research.
- You have shown strength in one or more analytics & visualization tools (Tableau, Mode, etc)
- You can communicate creatively, are passionate to collaborate with global, cross-functional teams, and demonstrate ability to pay attention to details
- Understanding of the SaaS business model and metrics
It's great, but not required, if you have
- You hold a degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, economics, or computer science
- You have previously worked with global teams, preferably within B2B Saas industry
- Experience in high growth SW / tech industry, consulting preferred
- Experience with statistical methods such as significance testing
More about our team
The Growth & Core Analytics team is passionate about making our customers successful, starting with an intimate understanding of their product portfolio and user behavior. Our team is responsible for guiding Atlassian through a multi-year initiative to build and promote growth across our Cloud products to meet the needs all customers and prospects. We partner with Product and Marketing teams, who are hungry for actionable insights and robust data and campaign analysis. Atlassian's analytics DNA runs deep through the company's core, giving us solid data to test our hypotheses and analytical expertise across marketing and product behavior, buyer experience, finance, support, and qualitative research. Critically, we collaborate with a wide range of teams in Atlassian to ultimately drive action and make customers widely successful with our products.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top