Have you ever found yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? If you can explain complex features within tiny amounts of product real estate and communicate value in a compelling, clear, and effective way, come join Atlassian's Content Design team!
We're hiring a Senior Content Designer to join our Jira Cloud team, someone who's ready to not only own the information experience for their customer journey, but also contribute to and help drive projects that benefit the larger team here at Atlassian.
In other words, this isn’t a traditional technical or UX writing role. As part of the Atlassian Design team, you will:
- Refine and drive content strategy, and apply the Atlassian voice and tone in a way that drives engagement with Jira Software users.
- Work closely with the design, PM, marketing, and engineering teams to understand customer insights, the purpose of features and how best to explain them to the right audience.
- Deliver effective UX writing and longer form explanatory content (how-to articles, tutorials, etc.) for Jira Software on time and with quality against an agile and frequent product release schedule.
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- Excellent writing skills
- A love for user content and UX (both long-form content and microcopy)
- Experience working with product managers, engineers, designers, marketing, and support
- A proven track record of working in and managing projects in an agile, fast paced environment
- An understanding of how content drives business objectives
- 5+ years of professional UX writing/content design experience
And ideally, we’d hope you’d have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- Experience using design thinking and design processes (critique, user journeys, personas) to improve or validate your work
- Experience in building out writing and design guidelines
- Consumer and enterprise content experience
Show us something:
Along with your resume, send or point us to an examples or a portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your UX writing and documentation experience.
More about our team:
Content Designers at Atlassian help design the entire user journey by championing the Atlassian voice and setting the right tone. Our content experts work collaboratively across Atlassian to tell consistent stories and craft great customer experiences.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.