Senior Commercial Counsel
If you’re excited to work on a diverse array of M&A transactions and post-closing integrations from a Commercial Transactions perspective, find creative ways to scale our M&A function, and be part of a rapidly growing company, read on!
In this role you’ll serve as the Commercial team’s lead for Atlassian’s M&A activities, from due diligence to post-closing integration.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Corporate/M&A Legal and Corporate Development teams to develop and improve processes, playbooks, and form documents to help scale the M&A function at Atlassian.
- Lead Commercial due diligence, with help from outside counsel.
- Own all Commercial aspects of post-closing integration.
- Help to evolve Atlassian's integration strategy and influence change within the company.
- Team with other stakeholders company-wide to plan, coordinate, and manage the post-closing integration, with an emphasis on innovation and scalability.
- Work with the broader Commercial and Privacy teams on terms of service, data protection addendum, and privacy statement migrations.
- Work with Sales Ops on integration of sales processes into Atlassian deal desk and contract management systems.
- Deliver trainings to sales reps and channel teams on Atlassian’s form agreements, deal mechanics, and other legal issues.
- Work with Procurement to address transition of supplier agreements.
More About the Qualifications of an Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 8 years of commercial transactions in a fast-paced environment, including substantial M&A exposure.
- In-house Legal experience a plus
- Admission to one state bar, preferably California.
- Experience with enterprise cloud sales, including handling data protection topics and revenue recognition issues.
- Quickly grasps business objectives and applies them to legal strategies in a way that is pragmatic, flexible, and creative.
- Highly effective working in a cross-functional role.
- Is excited to continually improve processes and drive operational excellence within an environment that is fast-paced, complex, and fluid.
- Can execute under pressure and within tight timelines, with tremendous attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Is a team player with a “how-can-I-help” attitude.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top