Senior Cloud Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer at Atlassian, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools. We're looking for experienced and talented engineers to help build the platform that powers Atlassian's Cloud products.
Using your deep understanding of modern web architectures and Cloud platforms, your programming expertise and your operational experience, you will help future-proof our established products and internal tooling, by designing, implementing and operating infrastructure components that are consumed by hundreds of microservices across Atlassian.
More about you
- Expertise with software development in languages like Java, Node, Go and/or Python
- Hands on experience with public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP)
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and software development best practices, such as unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc...)
- Working knowledge of datastores (RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics).
- Willingness to take responsibility for the software you write all the way to production, and experience operating software in production: building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks, etc...
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of how to write performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code.
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analytically select the best of a range of solutions, factoring in input from colleagues, documenting decisions along the way.
- A "non-hero attitude": rather than celebrating heroic effort pulled off to resolve an incident, prefer engaging in engineering practices that avoid the incidents in the first place.
- Good understanding of typical web application patterns, SOA, 12-factor, benefits and challenges of microservices, benefits and challenges of serverless architectures.
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies, like Docker, Kubernetes or Mesosphere.
- Experience managing complex systems in AWS that consume many types of AWS resources.
- Hands-on experience with PaaSes (e.g. Heroku).
- Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms. Polyglots welcome!
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building. The more the merrier!
- Experience engaging with and building trust amongst internal customers and/or developer communities.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with incident management processes.
- Experience participating in 24/7 on-call rosters.
The PaaS team is responsible for the infrastructure which enables hundreds of Atlassians to deploy & operate microservices in AWS quickly and easily. We provide core components that provision compute and backing resources, as well as infrastructure to ensure service owners can get the insight they need into their services. We engage with teams throughout the company to understand their needs and help them make the most of the PaaS, striving to strike the right balance between enforcing best practices and enabling innovation.More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top