Senior Backend Software Engineer, Confluence
- Mountain View, CA
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Back End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Migrations team in Mountain View. You will have a direct impact to the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. You'll work as part of a small but rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements our product. You'll collaborate with other Software Engineers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- Proficiency in Java programming and debugging
- Solid fundamental skills in data structures, algorithms and Service Oriented Architectures
- Strong engineering skills in building well-tested, reliable software components
- Proficiency in relational databases and handling data at scale
- Ability to work closely with support engineers on customer facing issues
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant RESTful micro-services
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliable and durable software systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Spring, XML, OSGi, Shell scripting
- AWS experience preferred
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct. We help each other to constantly improve our work and reach our potential. We're dedicated to being agile, which means we're constantly learning about our users' experience and iterating as much as necessary to improve it. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Back to top