Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Drive large, complex projects autonomously, from technical design to launch
- Determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Tackle complex architecture challenges, apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Set the standard for thorough, meaningful code reviews
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge from your current language to excel as a Java developer.
- Mentor more junior members
Sound like an exciting opportunity? We think so too... In order to set you up for impact on day one, we'll expect you to have this on your first day:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer science in a related technical field or similar experience
- You are not required to know a specific programming language, however expert-level experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Python, C#, C/C++, or Ruby is crucial.
- Highly-trusted knowledge in at least on domain and working knowledge in multiple tech domains
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Considers the customer impact when making technical decisions
- A real appetite for learning and growing, both as a developer and teammate.
Back to top