Senior Application Support Engineer
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing it's focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customer's experience with our products, through preventative projects that solve problems at the source, getting the best out of our Support Engineers through technical training and mentoring and troubleshooting and providing timely advice on global technical issues.
- You will show technical leadership and mentoring of Support Engineers
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Resolution of customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Communication to customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- You will help improve and streamline internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
- Development work targeted towards actively preventing customer pain
Attributes of a successful hire:
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Learn and teach new technologies as required
- Exposure to Java environment troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience with one or more Application Servers (e.g: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc...)
- Strong Operating Systems knowledge (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows)
- Extensive database and SQL experience
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- You are a process improvement advocate. You love Agile and the LEAN methodology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 5+ years technical support experience OR 5+ years sysadmin employment history in a similar product environment
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top