Senior Application Support Engineer
If you're passionate about working with smart teams and love providing high-quality service to the worlds largest customers this role could be perfect for you.
This role is part of our Enterprise Support team, which is focused on providing the advanced support and product expertise to our largest customers. In this role you'll be a Level III Support Engineer working on our most important customer accounts. You will work with other team members in Austin and other Atlassian offices around the globe. You will be part of a growing team of authorities improving our support capabilities, capacity, and quality for our largest and most sophisticated customers. You will have the opportunity to provide a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, and creating a wide and loyal customer base to the Atlassian products and brand.
You will preform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and solve problems across one-to-many Atlassian products. As part of the team you will receive on-boarding training to make you a guide in one to many of our products, system technologies, and network technologies. You will lead and participate in customer facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details. Your team will ensure we have customers for life. If this sounds interesting to you, apply and become part of our global team practicing a follow-the-sun methodology with our other offices to provide the best support possible for our premier customers.
More about you
We'd love on your first day if you have:
- 5+ years in support, services, and/or as a system admin of a critical system for large end-user community in either a cloud-based or behind-the-firewall solution;
- Strong triage skills (including debugging and issue resolution, analyzing thread dumps and heap dumps) , creative problem solving and logical decision making on complex support and services issues;
- Deep understanding of technologies for OS (e.g., Windows server, Linux, Unix), application servers (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.) SQL databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL), and networks (e.g., proxies, LDAP, Active Directory, switches, etc.);
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and assess risk;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully interact with external and internal parties via phone, video conferences, presentations, and written content;
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Demonstrated experience with Atlassian products in critical environments;
More about our team
The team is filled with top-notch technical individuals that are excited to be building a new service offering and experience for our customers. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve our customer's experience, our product, and our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. When problems seem the hardest we are at our best, always searching for the root cause and a solution. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users. We believe we can add significant value to the business by listening to the customer, translating these into actions, and championing their short-term issues and long-term needs throughout the organization. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located across four continents, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
Atlassian. Powered by You.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top