Senior Application Support Engineer
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customer's experience with our products, through preventative projects that solve problems at the source, getting the best out of our Support Engineers through technical training and mentoring and troubleshooting and providing timely advice on global technical issues.
- You will show technical leadership and mentor Support Engineers
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Resolution of customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Communication to customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- You will help improve and streamline internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
- Development work targeted towards actively preventing customer pain
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Learn and teach new technologies as required
- Exposure to Java environment troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience with one or more Application Servers (e.g: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc...)
- Strong Operating Systems knowledge (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows)
- Extensive database and SQL experience
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- You are a process improvement advocate. You love Agile and the LEAN methodology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 5+ years technical support experience OR 5+ years sysadmin employment history in a similar product environment
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top