Senior and Principal Data Scientists
Atlassian is looking for amazing Data Scientists to join our new Search and Smarts team. Because you will be joining the team in the start-up stage, you will get to radically impact the way Atlassian leverages data to create amazing data-centric products. The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and to use cutting-edge techniques to solve tough yet exciting data problems.
As part of your daily responsibilities, you will be expected to:
- Apply your machine learning and statistical skills to develop intelligent features for the Atlassian products
- Prototype, develop and enhance end-to-end solutions for our customers
- Work closely with product managers and data engineers to develop data-driven products
- Be comfortable summarizing and communicating findings with stakeholders and senior management
- Lead the way in the area of applied data science and machine learning
More about you
The ideal candidate will be:
- A problem-solver ready who are focus on the end goal rather than the method
- An innovator with a strong ability to think outside of the box
- A scientist excited about taking full ownership of his/her projects and is not worried about getting his/her hands dirty
- A person with a genuine passion for building awesome data products
- A fast-learner able to get up to speed with new techniques as they go, but who also realizes that the best solutions are not always the most complicated ones
- Someone who is not afraid of working with imperfect data
- Someone who knows how to play, as a team
- A Master or a Ph.D. in a scientific or engineering discipline
- 4+ years experience in an industry setting
- A solid background in Statistics and Machine Learning
- Experience with Python or R
- Experiment with modern Machine learning Libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, RapidMiner, Weka, etc.
- Solid coding skills
- Working knowledge of SQL
It's great, but not required, if you have experience with:
- Ranking algorithms
- Distributed systems (experience with Spark would be particularly relevant)
- Worked with large and noisy data sets
- Taking models from their conception phase all the way to production
- A strong ability to work cross-functionally
The Search and Smarts team focuses on making the Atlassian suite of products more straightforward and delightful to use, and we are growing fast! With 100 GB of data generated on a daily basis by our users, the team is a unique position to load the Atlassian products with intelligence features and deliver on the company's mission to unleash the potential in every team. We are committed to creating beautiful data products and leverage the power of our data to make bringing the next generation of collaboration tools to our users so that they can do their best work and increase their productivity.More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top