Senior Analyst, Sales Strategy and Operations
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We have built a $1B+, fast-growing business by focusing relentlessly on converting free trials into happy customers. As a Senior Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst, you will be integral to this. You will work directly with both our Field Operations teams to ensure we optimize our customer engagements both internally and externally.
This highly visible role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in Sales operations, compensation, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate should be familiar with SaaS go-to-market framework in order to align incentives with the responsibilities of different customer facing roles. Develop comprehensive framework to assess our GTM strategy and effectiveness of our coverage model. Experience engaging with high level executives is important as this role regularly communicates with C-level executives and GMs.
Do you love working with Sales and Marketing teams? Are you highly analytical and can confidently lead insight generation? If so, continue reading.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Build the incentive compensation design-to-deployment process for multiple teams that aligns with strategic objectives, monitor effectiveness of current incentives, evaluate new incentive designs and project manage deployment of plans.
- Partner with HR, legal, and compensation administration teams closely to facilitate end-to-end incentive compensation plan creation, administration and payout.
- Build foundational reporting around sales metrics (lead conversion, opportunity forecasting, bookings). Create real-time dashboards that a sales leader can easily follow. Be able to work with a technical team to identify customer needs and develop reporting requirements for BI dashboards.
- Participate as a critical contributor of change management and go-to-market projects. Identify root cause and execute related projects to improve team performance around key customer lifecycle and conversion metrics.
- Collaborate with executive management, inside sales and channel management to identify and prioritize "Engagement Experiments" based on bookings upside potential.
- Refine customer segmentation, help design ideal engagement model, and execute a plan to enhance cross-sell/up-sell velocity.
- Implement a sales capacity model that allows Atlassian to predictably tie deployment of incremental sales resources to incremental bookings.
- Help plan and produce internal quarterly business reviews and strategic planning of key customer accounts.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Atlassian.
- Solid understanding of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings)
- Ninja-like analysis skills: You know what questions to ask, what the data says, and what actions to take based upon the results. You are comfortable building detailed capacity and utilization models and have top-notch SQL skills.
- Slick ability to package data into relevant insight: You’ll be expected to build best-in-class, real-time dashboards from CRM data. Solid BI (e.g., Tableau, GoodData, Wave) and SFDC expertise is a big asset.
- Deft ability to communicate data into relevant insight: You know how to create compelling presentations and can lead executives through data deep-dives.
- You love partnering: You get that an organization is made up of very different parts. You relish influencing other teams and co-piloting cross-team initiatives.
- Process improvement knowhow: Continuous improvement is in your DNA. You can enhance business processes from the diagnosis to documentation to execution.
- Ability and desire to cover the range of activities from C-level presentations to hands-on, data deep-dives.
- Minimum 3-5 years of ever-increasing responsibility in Sales Operations, Strategy, BizOps, or Analytics role within a B2B (ideally SaaS) company or in a strategy consulting environment.
More about our team
Welcome to Sales Strategy & Analytics team! We’re a lean team of data ninjas who love solving chunky business problems. Our goal: support our business partners and use data-driven approach to accelerate Atlassian's top line growth. We support teams across the “go-to-market” function and we are part of the broader Field Operations family here at Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top