Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
- Manila, Philippines
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Are you an experienced Senior Accounts Payable Specialist with a good sense of humor, a rock-solid work ethic, and a love for detail? If so, we’ve got a home for you here in our Accounting team. We’ve built a truly extraordinary team of Accounting professionals who take their jobs, but not themselves, seriously. Your responsibilities will include processing of supplier invoices and employee expense reports, account reconciliation, issue resolution, and various AP reporting & analysis. You will also handle the core accounting responsibilities of Atlassian and hold high standards for processing transactions.
As a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist you will collaborate with our global team, evangelize best practices and roll up your sleeves to handle invoice processing, supplier management, and other AP related transactions.
In this role:
- You will review and process invoices ensuring completeness and accuracy and resolve supplier’s invoice issues and disputes
- You will work closely with procurement to ensure buyers are in compliance with the procurement policy and review employee expense reports for compliance with Company policy and coding
- You will coordinate with employees to provide guidance in reimbursement issues and concerns and assist in all other operational activities like weekly payment run, bank reconciliations, and accrual reports
- You will review and recommend actions for the outstanding transactions in the Accounts Payable aging, prepare monthly and quarterly Accounts Payable reconciliation and analysis, and assist Team Leader in providing appropriate action on escalations
- You are going to maintain the targeted Accuray and SLA in line with the company’s goals and KPI, ensure completion of audit support requirements, and assist in other miscellaneous projects as needed to support the Accounts Payable Team
- You will evaluate processes and initiate improvements to increase operational efficiency, assist in maintaining department goals and other goals as may be deemed necessary by management, and partner with the Management in the training and development of the team members
- You will be a team player and be willing to take on other responsibilities that may be assigned to you, and perform other related functions as required and instructed
On your first day, we will expect that:
- You have more than 5 years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience with a multinational and/or BPO/Shared Services company (preferably invoice processing and expense review functions)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- You have exposure to international AP-related transactions/concepts/nuances (e.g., GST/VAT for vendor invoices)
- You are meticulous about maintaining a consistent processing schedule for Accounts Payable activities (e.g., processing invoices & employee expense reports, vendor payments, and account reconciliations)
- You are a fast-learner who has the ability to understand the business nature of Accounts Payable transactions
- You have strong system skills (MS Excel); Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Coupa, Netsuite, Expensify, etc.) preferred.
- Your organizational skills are superb and you manage time well
- You have worked previously with a multinational company, preferably in a public company environment (SOX)
- You are highly analytical and strategic – emphasis on automation, and constant improvement
It's also great if:
- You are knowledgeable in Coupa and/or Netsuite experience or other equivalent systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Concur is a plus) and you have exposure to international AP-related issues (e.g., GST/VAT for vendor invoices).
- You are meticulous about maintaining a consistent processing schedule for Accounts Payable activities (e.g. processing invoices, vendor payments).
More about our team
You will be a member of the Accounts Payable team, within the Operational Accounting organisation at Atlassian. You will collaborate with various members of the Accounting team in addition to working closely with procurement and business owners to meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly deliverables.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top