Program Manager, Marketing
At Atlassian, we're on a mission to unleash the potential in every team, and that includes our own. That's where you come in.
As a Program Manager on our Marketing Programs & Operations Team, you'll work to boost the cohesion, focus, speed, and general effectiveness of the marketing teams that are working together to take our products to market, engage our users, and build our brand. You will sit at the intersection of design, development, content, and campaigns, and you'll be charged with aligning the efforts of a diverse cast, connecting the dots across teams, adapting to changing circumstances as you anticipate what's next, and rolling up your sleeves to help push work across the finish line. You will be an outstanding partner in understanding your team's challenges, strengths, and motivations, and you'll help channel that at both the strategic and tactical level, switching fluidly between the two.
In this role, you will get to:
- Facilitate project kickoffs, retros, offsite, and strategic planning sessions. Knowing when to actively lead, when to create space for others to step up, and when to draw out energy and insight from the team.
- Support project leads to assemble teams, define scope, kick-off and smoothly run successful projects. Mentor those project owners, and lead some big bet projects yourself.
- Facilitate prioritization, risk identification and mitigation, resource allocation, roles and responsibilities across projects and programs.
- Collaborate with other program managers to architect and implement common processes and patterns across marketing, striking a fine balance with enough structure to enable clarity of purpose and focus but eliminating constraints to speed, flexibility and creativity.
- Analyze team surveys, conduct interviews, and anything else needed to collect data and distill insight about where your team is rocking and where it can improve.
- Partner and build excellent relationships with cross-functional teams to align and strive for well-thought-out and strategic Marketing goals and execution.
- Work with and be a strategic partner with our Corporate Marketing Team (Events and Community) as well as Functional Teams that need leadership and organization to bring an exceptionally strong brand of Atlassian to market.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Enthusiasm and experience working alongside specialists across engineering, design, content, PR, operations, advertising.
- Experience running cross-functional programs and projects.
- Experience in dynamic, fast-changing environments, and the ability to both respond to as well as motivate change.
- Core strengths around written and verbal communication, infectious positive energy, resilience and high adaptability, and balancing tactics and a sense of urgency with strategy and a clear vision.
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure.
It's phenomenal, but not required, if you have:
- Led agile teams or know agile methodologies (Scrum Certified)
- Worked with or inside agencies or on service teams
- Experience working as a member of distributed teams, product and engineering teams, creative teams, or marketing teams.
- Experience working with or administering project management, workflow, and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.
More about our team
You're joining a team that is defined by our connection across all functions in Marketing, and our mission to empower our people to work with the highest focus, effectiveness, and cohesion possible. We're dot connectors, roadblock removers, operations wranglers, coaches, and stage setters. We're made up of product, operations, and program managers across Marketing. Our group is responsible for understanding our go-to-market strategy, building a planning and process structure that helps us get there by evening out order with speed, and supporting our team every step of the way by kicking off projects, overcoming obstacles, learning and improving, and celebrating success. We take action and are natural leaders who are inclined to roll up our sleeves and execute. We also recognize that our biggest impact comes from multiplying the empowerment and effectiveness of the teams around us.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top