Principal Technical Support Engineer
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
If you are passionate about working with smart teams and passionate about providing high-quality service to the world's largest customers this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for customer champion who drives alignment and impact across product and operations teams. You are focused on improving broader customer experience and having a visible global impact on process, product and team.
You will be a part of our Enterprise Support team, which is focused on providing advanced support and product expertise to our largest customers. In this role, you will be a lead level III support engineer working on our most important customer accounts. You will work with other team members in Atlassian offices around the globe. You will be part of a growing team of specialists improving our support capabilities, capacity, and quality for our largest and most sophisticated customers.
You will be a key to providing a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, and creating a wide and loyal customer base to the Atlassian products and brand. You will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting across one-to-many Atlassian products. As part of the team, you will receive on-boarding training to make you a specialist in one or more of our products, system technologies, and network technologies. You will lead and participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details. You will be part of a team ensuring we have customers for life. If this sounds interesting to you, apply and become part of our global team of engineers practicing a follow-the-sun methodology with our other offices around the world to deliver the best support possible for our high-priority customers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
• 8+ years of experience in support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
• Deep understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux, OS X, and/or Windows)
• Experience being Subject Matter Expert in multiple Atlassian products
• Proactively identify knowledge opportunities when new technologies are included in the stack and multiplies the knowledge within the team (Synchrony, AWS, Azure)
• Be a coach to others on how to perform strong technical, soft skill, and behavioral interviews.
• Be a coach with how to present clear interview feedback for technical, soft skills, and Enterprise Support characteristics in both debriefs and write-ups
• Able to effectively communicate as the internal expert with customers at an executive level on in-depth technical details, progress and next steps
• Ability to problem solve complex tickets, summarize root cause, recommend solutions and then escalate when appropriate
• Act as a customer champion by being the voice of the customer Check communication channels to stay on top of and communicate effectively and proactively with the company or team updates
• Be the example that continues to drive until root cause is established with clear plans to resolve the customer issues.
• Assist your global teammates in driving long-running tickets in your areas of expertise to resolution.
• Challenges others to provide and dig into context and rise to tough occasions.
• Deep understanding of networks and relevant technologies, including proxies, load balancers, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc.
• Understanding of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
• Experience with SQL databases
• Experience in escalation handling
• Technology driven
• Experience in working with enterprise customers
More about our team
The team is filled with customer focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products used by a growing list of 85K customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product, as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top