Principal Site Reliability Engineer, Opsgenie
- Bangalore, India
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
As a Principal SRE, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools. With your deep understanding of modern engineering practices, your programming expertise, and your operational experience, you will help our team to reliably scale our Cloud products and platform.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to impact a broad number of Atlassian teams and services from both a technical perspective, by assessing and recommending reliability-related technical changes; and a non-technical perspective, by enabling and empowering teams to adopt reliability standard methodologies.
If you have an appetite for variety, love building relationships with people and have a burning desire, then this is the role for you. Are you ready to step up and make a difference?
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expertise with software development building large scale web software in languages like Python, Java, and Go.
- Hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc...)
- Experience operating software in production: build monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks, etc...
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications and network services.
- Advanced networking skills (CIDR, subnetting, TC dump analysis, fixing the network latency, ACl’s, Routing knowledge, IPv6 transition challenges, IP VPN, MPLS/VPLS etc ...)
- Generic solutions for network security features, including WAF, IDS, IPS, DDoS protection, and Economic Denial of Service/Sustainability (EDoS)
- Assist the organisation in the development and implementation of Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL), and Privacy practices including policies, standards, guidelines & procedures.
- Assist engineering teams in the adoption and execution of SDL.
- Knowledge of supporting the Product Security Incident Response (PSIRT) function to quickly mitigate product security incidents.
- As a senior member of the team, you should build a culture of security awareness, and arranging continuing education of personnel to ensure security policies, compliance (SOX, GDPR, PCI ..etc) are adhered to at all times.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
- Experience leading & managing projects from inception to completion.
- An ability and desire to mentor and coach engineers.
- Proven understanding of datastores (RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics).
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and engineering best practices, such as unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration.
- Perform Infra design reviews, code reviews, and privacy review.
- Knowledge with containerisation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesosphere.
- Experience engaging with and building trust among internal customers and/or developer communities.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with incident management processes and ITIL terminology for incident and problem management.
- Experience participating in 24/7 on-call rosters
- Ability and willing to learn new programming languages, frameworks, and paradigms. Polyglots welcome!
It would be great if you had:
More about our team:
Atlassian Site Reliability Engineering is a rapidly growing group within the organization. We are in the process of building our teams, tools and systems as part of Atlassian's mission to build the best SaaS services in the world. This is a truly exciting team to join - we are currently or are planning to be involved with every technical team across Atlassian.
We enable Atlassian to go fast by providing real time feedback on production systems. We work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve services and performance. We live the values with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. We are a heavily data-driven team, utilizing a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualizations to learn about our complex systems.
We also live the 'Play, as a team' value by having a strong focus on sharing learning experiences from the front line with the development teams. So, the options for people in the team are vast. If you like mastering a domain and going deep, we need you. If you can juggle three tasks and coordinate multiple people in the heat of an incident,If you love the benefits of process and methodical improvement, you will love it here. If you want to keep your head down, headphones on and bash out code to support the team, we have a spot for you too.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Back to top