Principal Program Manager
- Austin, TX
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We’re looking for our next an amazing Principal Program Manager who can drive substantial business outcomes for Atlassian through Customer Support and Success. We're building a global queue management system, scaling migrations solutions, and improving customer success processes, just to name a few of the exciting programs we have underway. Are you passionate about strategic problem solving and driving a cross-functional team to deliver success? Then we need you!
You’ll be working on a handful of programs with durations of 3-12 months (the specifics will depend on the technical and business complexity, urgency, and depth). These programs solve key CSS business needs and you’ll be able to see a tangible impact on our internal and external customers upon successful completion.
What you are accountable for:
- Ensure we deliver successful outcomes to the business. Develop a program plan, and validate that the plan will yield success through ongoing reflection, analytics insights, and program management best practices.
- Interview customers and technical delivery teams to evaluate the current state, articulate a desired future state, and to capture the business and technical requirements.
- Align dependencies across all of the stakeholders and cross-functional execution partners (data engineering, data science, design, development, etc.) to ensure timely and effective delivery.
- Identify, escalate, and mitigate risk to program success for the forward rolling six months.
- Manage change in our internal global support organization; adoption of change is critical for our business outcomes.
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- 12+ years of professional experience in program management or business analysis.
- Experience building a program from scratch, developing a strategy informed by research, and crafting the implementation and change plan.
- Effective methods for presenting complex business and technical plans to a senior leadership audience.
- An analytic rigor, drive to support decisions with data, and the ability to make data digestible to diverse audiences.
- It's great, but not required, to have experience working in a dynamic software company with operations and support teams located in different geographies.
More about you
You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both. You combine curiosity, judgment, humility, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause. You engender a collaborative environment where teams work together to solve problems with a positive outlook.
When you encounter a problem, you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise good judgment to drive ahead. You have experience in change management and turning information and questions into action. You're effectively interacting with people across all levels of an organization and can field questions during a presentation like a pro.
You learn quickly to be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution. You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly. You employ multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done.
More about our team
We are a growing operations enablement team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new approaches. BBQ, tacos, and coffee are a few of our favorite things!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Back to top