Principal Product Security Engineer
Our security team is growing. The Product Security team is responsible for making sure Atlassian products and services are safe. We are looking for a great Principal Product Security Engineer (Senior Security Architect )who thrives on working with development teams to secure their products across the software development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include source code auditing, writing automation, reviewing platform and service designs, and finding ways to empower engineering teams to build secure products by default. You must have an interest in working with colleagues to understand our products and improve existing security infrastructure. Because we work directly on products and write most of our own tools, the ability to code is crucial.
Most of the code we work with is in Java, Python, or Go. As part of the focus on learning at Atlassian, you'll be able to spend up to 20% of your time on independent research.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years working in security
- Solid understanding of application security, especially web application
- Significant experience in cloud security architecture and infrastructure
- Experience coding in Java, Python, or Go, and at least one scripting language
- An ability to reason about security decisions
- Experience leading projects from start to finish and mentoring other security practitioners
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to engineers who know way more than you about their code
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Published contributions to the security community
- Presentation experience at industry events
- Experience working with compliance, privacy, IT, networking or related functions
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top