Principal Product Manager, Stride
Stride is currently looking a Principal Product Manager who will lead and inspire our Core Messaging team, a differentiated communications platform. While managing a stellar team of Product Managers in an environment where collegial sparring is key to the best ideas, you will also be expected to inspire the broader Stride team who work together to make this product the best in its category and fulfill the Atlassian's vision to empower every team. You will partner with seasoned Engineering and Design Managers to plan, drive, and execute on key product initiatives that cover multiple features.
Here are some specifics:
- Key stakeholder in defining the vision and strategy for Stride Core (communications)
- Partner with and influence platform teams in Atlassian and drive joint planning, execution and success
- Gather and prioritize feature requests from customers and help improve the way we build and ship amazing software
- Represent the product internally and externally at all-hands and conferences as appropriate.
More about You
On the first day we’ll expect you to have:
- A minimum of 7 years experience in Product Management
- A strong interest in people leadership - significant experience managing and inspiring a team of product managers
- You’ve shipped multiple sizable software products and are used to working through the product cycle under deadline pressure
- Deep understanding and experience building cloud products and services, with motivation to ‘remove the pain’ for customer
- Strong working knowledge of the cloud ecosystem and technologies
- Previous experience in the Communications space a strong plus
- Computer Science or technical degree strongly preferred
More about our team
Product Managers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete product offering, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are believers in 'lean', which means we despise documentation for documentation's sake. We are deeply self-driven and do our very best at all times to validate assumptions about our users with various types of testing. We are not looking for product managers who just want to concentrate on one area – we need you to be eager to deliver across the entirety of the product development lifecycle. We would love for you to bring experience that you can impart on the rest of us, and equally have the interest to learn from others also.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top