Principal Product Manager, Jira Software
Want to be involved with defining and driving the future of software development? The world of software development moves quickly with advancements in technologies and practices happening all the time. In Jira Software we’re on a mission to deliver a brand new product that helps teams move faster and smarter no matter where they start their agile journey. We’re here to support and empower teams adopting modern software development practices.
As a Principal Product Manager you'll manage the strategy and work closely with engineering, design, and product marketing to manage a stream of the business. In addition you will lead and grow a team of exceptional Product Managers to drive our product at Atlassian.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of product management experience
- You love obsessing over your customers, and working directly with design and engineering to ship delightful products
- Ability to prioritise among opportunities, balance the needs of our customers with with those of the business and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- You are a strategic thinker (but can get down in the weeds too) with great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Be able to help define the product vision to inspire your teams and senior stakeholders
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics
- A track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organisation. You’ll make sure we’re all on the same page.
- Ability to build a compelling business case for new opportunities.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- A strong technical background
- Experience with product management for software or development tools
- Have lead Product teams previously
More about our team
Product Managers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete product offering, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct. We help each other to constantly improve our work and reach our potential. We’re dedicated to being agile, which means we’re constantly learning about our users’ experience and iterating as much as necessary to improve it. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It’s all about improving our user’s experience—no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top