Principal Engineer, JSD++
- Bangalore, India
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world and we are looking for a forward-thinking, part technical whiz. As a Principal Engineer, you will be part of the technical authority on products that are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft that magic in delivering their best work.
Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. The primary focus of your role will be to take ownership of the broad technical direction to ensure our products are evolving and sustainable for the long term.
Aside from strong technical prowess including hands-on coding ability, you will have a deep understanding of architecture and an ability to foresee and plan for changes. You'll get to use your deep technical skills to help guide and mentor other developers, product managers and senior managers, ensuring the team understands the vision, is on-board with it, and is moving towards achieving the product's ongoing goals. With the rapidly changing software industry, you'll also be constantly learning and improving your own skills and knowledge, which will ultimately help to grow our teams, products and advance humanity through the power of software.
We'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years of experience designing and building a production-level web application.
- Experience building services from the ground up – from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy and ownership.
- A deep passion for software engineering and getting stuff done using pragmatic approaches to iterate towards solutions for hard problems.
- Proven understanding of application performance, and designing low latency, high-speed http applications.
- Experience in technically leading large features, services or changes in a product.
- Experience with Java, Kotlin and React.js.
- Working well in a team, and willingness to mentor more junior developers via tech design reviews, code reviews, etc. You will also be able to collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian.
- Excited by the opportunities that a Cloud Only world presents for our users, and keen to make a difference by embracing the best Cloud practices and tooling for engineers, and sharing this knowledge and excitement with other developers / open source community.
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure and/or Microservices.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top