Principal Developer, Security Development
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a well-rounded developer to help lead Atlassian's security development team. This team is responsible for building and operating mature software systems to support the security intelligence and product security teams, in order to improve the entire company's security posture. As a Principal Engineer, you’ll be a technical leader for the team responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, scaling, and optimizing the code that powers Security's platform services.
You will be supported by robust backend systems, mature protocols, and a passionate team with a vision to build the best platform out there. If you are a strong software developer interested in developing your info security expertise, this role is a rare opportunity to do just that!
What you do
- Breakdown complex problems into simple, elegant solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Possess authoritative knowledge in performance, scalability, and enterprise system architecture.
- Influence the technical direction of multiple teams (both within and outside your immediate organization).
- Grow other developers. Act as a mentor and lead by example to help build an awesome team.
- You still code and your code sets an example for others to follow.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience leading large-scale projects
- Experience mentoring and developing more junior developers
- Experience building scalable, reliable, performant, and highly available systems
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluency in any modern programming language (preferably Go or Python)
- Don't worry if you aren't a security pro. If you're a strong developer with an interest in security, we'll work with you to develop your security skills
- Experience building large scale, high load distributed systems on AWS or other cloud infrastructure with a focus on operational maturity
- Experience processing large data sets and stream processors
- Experience using data and metrics to evaluate new technologies and technical directions
- Familiarity with security systems would be a huge bonus (but not a requirement)
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top